Bachelor of Computer Applications is a 3 years under-graduate degree course awarded in India in the field of Computer Applications. Some students use online or distance education programs to earn this degree.
The course aims at realizing the following student objectives:
- To demonstrate a sound knowledge in key areas of computer science or industrial computing.
- To demonstrate a substantial understanding of concepts in key areas of computer science.
- To carry out the required analysis and synthesis involved in computer systems, information systems and computer applications.
- To demonstrate professional competence in developing software and in its design and implementation.
- To develop sound practical skills to enable them to addressing problems which arise from computer systems and applications.
A Candidate applying for the BCA Programme should have passed HSC (10+2) or equivalent examination from any statutory board with minimum 45% of marks in aggregate(40 % in case of SC/ST candidates)