B.Tech (Electronics and Communication Engineering)
About the Course
Electronics & Communication Engineering is a broad engineering field that covers important subfields such as Analog Electronics, Digital electronics, consumer electronics, embedded systems and power electronics. Electronics engineering deals with implementation of applications, principles and algorithms developed within many related fields, for example solid-state physics, radio engineering, telecommunications, control systems, signal processing, systems engineering, computer engineering, instrumentation engineering, electric power control, robotics, and many others.
ECE deptt. has a computerized and fully automated library with the following features :
- Both Technical and General Books available
- Journals Available (Printed Version)
- On line subscription for international journals
- Educational CDs/VCDs
- Lab Manuals, Project Reports & Training Reports
- PTU previous years Question Papers
Electronics & Communication is the technology associated with electronic circuits and systems, and is one of the major branches of electrical engineering Electronics engineers research, design, develop and test precision components and systems; developing the way electricity is used to control equipment. The work is usually carried out in cross-functional project teams, with colleagues in electronics and other branches of engineering. Electronics touches on almost all areas of human activity, so its applications are diverse. They include acoustics, defense, medical instruments, mobile phones, nanotechnology, radio and satellite communication and robotics. Subfields of electronics engineering include control engineering, instrumentation, signal processing and telecommunications engineering.
10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects; Chemistry, Biology, Bio-technology, Computer Science, are eligible to pursue B.Tech course. Students who have passed diploma in any engineering trade from the Punjab State Board of Technical Education or Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology (SLIET) Longowal or from any other State Board of Technical Education or two years certificate course from SLIET are also eligible to pursue the bachelor’s course in any stream.
Lateral Entry to Second Year
The minimum qualification for admission to 2nd year/ 3rd semester of the B.Tech. degree courses is as under:
- All those candidates who have passed the diploma in Engg. Technology in any branch (as per list attached in Information Brochure of PTU) from any Institution of Punjab / other State and have Punjab Domicile with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (for SC/ ST 40% J or equivalent grade point are eligible for admission to various disciplines of B.E. / B. Tech. course. Provided, however, if some seats remain vacant even after considering all the aforesaid candidates, then candidates from outside Punjab who have passed the diploma in any branch of Engineering/ Technology (as per list attached in Information Brochure of PTU) from any other institution in tne country, affiliated to any recognized Board witn a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (for SC/ST 40% ] or equivalent grade point shall also be eligible for admission to various disciplines of B.E. / B. Tech. course provided diploma courses in Engineering £ Technology have been approved by AICTE.
- The candidate must possess a good moral character. He / She must fulfill the conditions mentioned in Punjab Government Notification No. 35/44/95-fT(2]/978 dated 21.3.2003 incorporated in PTU, CET Brochure. He / She must fulfill the requirements laid down by PTU. He/ She is a citizen of India. 10% seats of total intake of each branch are filled in second year out of which 33.3% seats are reserved as management quota which are filled directly by the college. Admissions to all seats are made on the interse meritin qualifying exam.
Admission is carried out on the basis of JEE rank for Punjab Domiciles and for students belonging to other states through online counseling conducted by PTU, Jalandhar. 66.6% seats form the State Quota while 33.3% seats in each discipline are reserved for Management Quota. Admissions to all seats are made on the basis of score of JEE & 10+2 marks.